13 December 2012

Pacific Rim (trailer)


          I've known about this film for a while.  But, all I knew was that Guillermo del Toro was directing a movie about giant robots fighting giant aliens.  And that very much appeals to my inner 12 year old.  But, now a trailer has finally been released!!

     Watch it HERE

          And I think it looks awesome!  Growing up I loved kaiju, such as Godzilla and Mothra.  Actually, I still love that.  And I love giant robots, such as the Transformers.  So, from the get-go, this has a high level of interest.  And it is directed by del Toro.  I have only seen one of his movies, Pan's Labyrinth, and loved it; so, I'm excited for him too.

          But, one thing stood out to me and brought me down a little.  I was expecting the monsters to come from outer space.  But, they come from some crack in the bottom of the ocean?  Seams like an odd choice.  But, in the long run, that doesn't really matter.  They could come from Canada, but it wouldn't change the fact that they are giant monsters fighting giant robots.  I just like me some destruction!

          So, I'm really looking forward to this film.  Looks like a lot of fun.  And HERE is a cool little vid to introduce you to some other kaiju movies.

     But that's just my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment